Friday, October 28, 2011

Old work (Pre-Gnomon)

This is my work from October 2010 to August 2011. During the first month of my computer animation program at the Los Angeles Film School, I realized that I didn't want to be a visual effects guy anymore. I wanted to be the dude that got paid to make those bad ass monsters and robots. I was willing to do ANYTHING to become an artist. ANYTHING.   Long story short, I worked my ass off until I was dead tired. I sculpted on Zbrush day and night. Modeled whenever I was bored or dead tired of Zbrush.  It was a struggle, but I think it was a great experience.

At one point my art work was so shitty, that I just wanted to give up. Fortunately, whenever I wanted to stop, that inner critic in my head would say," You're a pussy if you give up! You're not pussy....or are you? Man, that would always keep me going.

Well....Here is my work before I got accepted into Gnomon. It doesn't represent my current artistic abilities, but  it's still comedic to look back at this stuff. Hope you like it!

- Daniel Sindo
















No comments:

Post a Comment